Saturday, June 21, 2008

Citizen of the Planet

It is always fascinating to determine the readership of this blog. Now that I have tools installed, I can see where every visitor comes from. Below I hope you can see where the visitors to this blog come from. The flags do not represent (necessarily) a single viewer, but simply details where each IP address comes from entering the blog. One flag might represent 500 different visitors (if you have Comcast, for example), or it might represent a single visitor, if you're the only person checking in from Mexico, for example. Our readers cover the US, although there is a notorious absence of visitors from the plains states, and the deep south. On the other hand, we have Canadian visitors, Mexican visitors, UK visitors and at least one from the Scandinavian countries. Here is a map to show the story.

5 comments:

TruthSeeker said...

Missed me in Moab, Utah.

Lance Parker

mrfearless47 said...

Where is your internet provider located? If you are using something like Earthlink or AOL, your location could be reported as somewhere else.

mrfearless47 said...

Old Scout:

I can identify your site on a later version of the map. The map posted was a static snapshot of the previous 500 visitors since last night. Since I get somewhere in the vicinity of 300 - 500 visitors per day, it is entirely possible that you hadn't visited the site since Thursday or previously. Trust me that your site shows up in today's map. There is a lot of volatility in visitors. If I could map the last 5000 visitors, things would be much more diverse.

TruthSeeker said...

Still not there. Servewr is Preciscom.net

mrfearless47 said...

It won't be there. The map is not dynamic. It was a snapshot of a time about 6 or 7 days ago. I have no way of changing it dynamically. Be assured that you show up in more recent maps that *I* can see but that I don't post.