Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

The Oregon Supreme Court will be releasing the City of Eugene (Lipscomb) decision tomorrow (Thursday). No matter how you look at it, the timing cannot be ignored. Further details to come tomorrow after the decision is released. "Slip" opinions are usually posted at 9 a.m. I'll try to post a "peanut" summary as soon as I get a chance to read it. Not being a lawyer puts me at a disadvantage, although the Strunk decision's main points were pretty easy to follow. Check here tomorrow for more details. There may be several different posts to cover the details, depending on their complexity and my (and others') ability to grasp them quickly. Note: (7 p.m.). I will not have access to a computer from about 8 until 11 a.m. Therefore, my post here will be later than usual. Since I have to be out of my house (painters) in the a.m., I'm thinking of wandering over the OEA "event" scheduled in Tigard at 9:30 a.m. Greg Hartman will be there to, I presume, share the Court's opinion with the crowd.

No comments: