Friday, August 05, 2005

Back to the Island

Is where the Legislature went today. At 6:22 a.m. the gavel came down and the 2005 Legislature sine died. The session contained good news and bad news. The good news is that no really awful or even slightly awful anti-PERS legislation seems to have survived. The bad news is that this Legislature can lay claim to doing almost nothing about anything meaningful as far as I'm concerned. The Legislature's adjournment undoubtedly paves the way for the Supreme Court to issue its ruling in the City of Eugene case. It would be patently and transparently political and obvious if they were to do so next week, so I would be surprised to see a ruling quite that soon. But I think that the wait won't be much longer - before Labor Day would be my prediction. But, as Dennis Miller would say, "that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

No comments: