Monday, July 18, 2005

Little Mysteries

Keep getting fixed in the Lipscomb calculator. The latest version (alpha 0.4) is now posted. It fixes a few bugs, adds more output, and stores all results to a text file called "lipscomb.txt", which can be viewed, edited and printed from within Notepad. Alpha 0.5 is due later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Check the link in yesteday's post or over on the left under links. Please keep me posted on bugs, things that don't look right, or suggestions for re-ordering the appearance of output. You can find my email address under my complete profile here.

Note (9:40 p.m.): alpha 0.7 was just posted. It *attempts* to deal with pre-freeze COLAS. I do not have any test data to use and am looking for volunteers to test the program or send me data. If you retired before 7/1/02 (and after 3/1/00), have no variable account in retirement, and are willing to send me 3 pieces of information (initial benefit from Notice of Entitlement, account balance at retirement from NOE - regular and variable - and regular account balance at 12/31/99 from Member's Account Statement), please contact me at "mrfearless47 at yahoo dot com" (you'll have to translate that address into emailish - I get enough spam now). I promise that any information you might send is confidential. If you fit these criteria and have already done the calculations yourself, please test this version and see whether it gives you close answers.


No comments: