Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Code of Silence

Is what the Court seems to have taken on the City of Eugene case. Another week, another non-decision. It's looking more and more like the Court may be deliberately waiting until the Legislature adjourns to release its decision. Don't ask me why?

While we're waiting, I'm busy programming. Version 0.7.1 of the "Lipscomb Calculator" is now available (see link to left). Verion 0.8 will be ready soon and it will have the "best case" scenario programmed. That way "window" retirees will be able to look at the outcome from multiple perspectives.

NOTE: 8 p.m. I've just posted alpha 0.8. It adds the "best case" scenario to the "worst case" scenario and provides output for both. It also fixes some logic issues with retirees who left before the COLA freeze took effect. Please check the output against your own figures. If things don't work out correctly, it would be helpful if you could email me the file "lipscomb.txt" so I can work back through to locate any bugs. At this point, the feature set is pretty well frozen. Changes at this point will be bug fixes and rearranging output messages or clarifying language. People who've tested the later versions of the program report plausible and stable results. My own results using multiple test scenarios all match Excel output, so I'm fairly certain the logic is correct. PLEASE let me know if you have problems.

Enjoy the sunny weather. Summer might actually be here.

No comments: