Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Money That I Love

Well, not really. But it is always nice to get a raise. I noted that my bank listed my September 1 PERS benefit as already in my account. As I expected, my benefit check did, indeed, go up by 2% and my net benefit was noticeably higher than either my August 1 check or my July 1 check. This should convince the "doubting Thomases" out there that the legal fees really were a one-time reduction.

Please be safe out there this weekend. I've already had to be about several times and the old saying "it's a jungle out there" wouldn't be sufficient to describe how bad the traffic really is. Stay home and enjoy our most excellent (just kidding) Labor Day weather. This reminds me more of July 4th than Labor Day. Here's hoping for a long, pleasant fall. I don't want the rains to return anytime soon.

No comments: