Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shake Those Windows

My post yesterday and the comments thereon seem to rattle some windows over at OPDG. I didn't expect the comments to be reprinted there - it is a breach of netiquette to do so without permission - but that's life. There is no question in my mind that the venom level seems to be rising and that the worst offenders seem to have a very conservative, libertarian bent. To reiterate my thoughts from yesterday, I really, really, really dislike politics as a basis for discourse, especially in a forum dedicated to PERS discussion. Ordinarily civil people become animals when advocating political positions, especially when it comes to Presidential politics. You will not see any political endorsements of Presidential candidates here, although I may take a stand on local politicians who had some influence on the PERS decisions of the past few years. I think it fair to target those who made decisions affecting our livelihoods so directly. And I'm especially upset at those politicians who professed their loyalty to public employees all the while stabbing them in the back. And, I want to reward those politicians who made a point of opposing efforts to disrupt the benefit flow to retirees and to active PERS members. By and large, this is a blog about PERS and to the extent that it is possible, I want to keep it about PERS. If I want to discuss something else, I'll start another blog. Maybe I'll call it - Ramblings from Chairman Marc. Don't be looking for it anytime soon, however. It'll be a cold day.....

Judge Kantor still has not ruled and Francisco Franco is still dead.

No comments: