Friday, March 14, 2008

Thriller

My last post, "The Walk", was intended as a non-news update. Surprisingly, it generated a series of interesting comments concerning the timing of the Arken ruling. There was a fair amount of give and take and some information passed back and forth in the comments. Unfortunately, the original commenter has decided to remove all the comments and has left the post looking a bit odd. I have a pretty good idea why the comments were removed, although I don't plan to share my suspicions publicly. Suffice it to say that the commenter bet on an early June resolution of Arken/Robinson and then offered some guesses as to why this might be the case. I have no idea whether there is any substance to the guess - when Judges issue their rulings still is a real mystery to me, a non-legal person - but it seemed to me that the person making the guesses was in a better place to know about this than me, who depends on rumor, back-channel communication, and educated guesses. I also guessed that the commenter was trying to get me to ease away from my prediction of a ruling as early as the end of next week. I'm not ready to do that, although the thriller of real information contained in the previous series of exchanges has gotten me to rethink whether Judge Kantor is in a position to release that early. He may be way too behind the 8-ball at this point to get the ruling issued that soon.

No comments: