Sunday, March 30, 2008

Radio Nowhere

Awhile back - around Christmas time - I agreed to participate in a radio discussion about PERS on KBOO. The time has arrived and I will be on with Frank Goulard, a PCC Math Professor, to discuss PERS and other retirement issues tomorrow night (Monday) March 31. The show airs live from 6 - 7 pm. The show allows for call in questions and either Frank or I will be happy to take questions germane to our discussion. I don't have much of a feel for the show or its format, but I've done many radio call-in shows before, especially in my former life as a college professor with a research interest in human evolution. These impromptu sessions can lead to some interesting discussions and frequently get into some hot debates. If you are interested, the show airs on 90.7 FM Portland, 91.9 FM Hood River, 100.7 FM Willamette Valley. If you want to read more about the show, check here under "Fifth Monday".

3 comments:

J Stevenson said...

Thanks for going on the KBOO air to discuss PERS. Went on the Internet tonight to get ready for tomorrow night, as I'm way beyond the broadcast area. Seems to work. Exceptionally wild music now. Will be listening in, thanks again MF and FG. JS

PERSLOTTERY said...

Yes, thanks to Marc and Frank for going on KBOO to discuss PERS. I missed some of it. I remember some woman promoting her candidate for election, a complaint that turned out to be employer problems and a bunch of hype about joining KBOO membership. Was there a discussion I missed?

mrfearless47 said...

Not much other discussion. I regret the snafus with the membership pledge drive. Neither Frank nor I had anything to do with that. The woman promoting "her" candidate was actually promoting John Kroger for Attorney General over Greg MacPherson, who was one of the architects of the 2003 PERS Reform legislation. It was a perfectly legitimate comment to make in the context of the radio broadcast. Unfortunately, when you take out 20 minutes for pledge breaks, it doesn't leave much of the original hour for discussion. I wished we had had more time.