Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

And I sure as hell hope PERS drowns in it. Got my "invoice" today. I'm not surprised. PERS has been throwing everything they have at getting as many of these suckers out as they can *before* Judge Kantor rules. You can bet I will appeal, but I'm not telling anyone when my appeal will hit PERS. Mine doesn't contain any surprises, much less any good news. I "owe" those SOB's $14K+ for benefits that are genuinely mine, and my monthly benefit will drop by about $54 per month as a result of recalculations. I'm sure the calculations are correct. After all, my own calculator gave me the correct answer 6 months ago. But, I'm not going after THOSE calculations. I have my mind wrapped around a bunch of other things. Just wait for that hard rain. I've got an umbrella.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

Contempt of Court is the way to go, Professor. If you're with me, let's make an appointment with Mike Schrunk and discuss it with him. He will probably reject our case, but he will have to go on record to do it, and perhaps there will be a nugget of legal inspiration we can use in his rejection slip.

mrfearless47 said...

Can Mike Schrunk cite PERS for contempt of the Oregon Supreme Court?