Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Supply and Demand

Are currently saturated. I've had many responses to my plea for testers and probably have enough copies out there to determine whether/if there are computational bugs. I have only a few Mac testers, so if you still want to test the program (same conditions as in my earlier request), but run a reasonably new Mac under either Panther (OSX 10.3) or Tiger (OSX 10.4), please drop me a note. Please indicate that you want the OSX version as I'm so used to sending the Windows version that I might do so in error.

Thanks again to all those who volunteered to test the Windows version. I'll post updates when I've heard back from some of the testers.

P.S. added 10/12/06. Early reports are quite positive. Those who've done the calculations by hand report program results to within a few dollars of hand calculations. Since there is no way to guarantee accuracy greater than that, I regard these results as confirming my hope that the program captures the methodology correctly. There are more reports coming and another version will be available very soon. If you are testing the program, please get your reports to me soon: feldesmanm at pdx dot edu (do the conversion for yourself please). If reports continue to be positive and my time proves to be as profitable as it's been so far, I am anticipating a public release of the program by Hallowe'en.

No comments: