Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Party At The End Of The World

Time to find out what the end of the world might look like. In case you missed the notice yesterday (buried in the bottom of a lengthy post), I have released OSX and Windows versions of my Strunk Eugene calculator. It has been tested extensively by people who have independently validated the results. I'm confident that I've captured PERS' methodology correctly (at least as it has been publicly explained) and the results should give you a picture of what your situation could look like next July 1. In later versions I am going to try to give the user the choice of implementation date, although there will be constraints as I cannot forecast COLAs out too far. You can download the program by clicking on the link to the left of the blog screen, below the "About Me" section. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (did I say it often and loud enough) read the posted "Read Me" before downloading and, especially, before coming to me about problems. Thanks to Martha and Peg for their unflagging help in getting out some gnarly bugs and for data entry, and to Dick for some OS X suggestions and help.

No comments: