Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tell Me Why?

Dawn Morgan, former PERS Board Chair, is scheduled to speak about PERS on Thursday May 18, 2006 at 9:30 a.m. at Novak's Restaurant (across from Heritage Mall) in Albany, OR. As I've noted elsewhere, I wouldn't give Ms. Morgan the time of day, but since this is the first time I'm aware of her talking publicly about PERS since she ransacked the PERS membership during her testimony in the Strunk case, I'd be interested in hearing her side of the story. I'd go to Albany myself and ask her in person, but I have other things to do Thursday morning. If any of you go, feel free to ask her MY question: what advice did the AG's office give you in early 2000 before you credited the 20% to Tier 1 PERS member regular accounts? This has been the flash point for a number of legal motions, and the AG's office has always declined to provide this evidence on attorney-client privilege grounds. Since Ms. Morgan seems to be neither attorney nor client, she has no special obligation to keep that information private. I'd be fascinated by her answer, especially if it is what I think it is. So Dawn, tell me why????

No comments: