Saturday, May 27, 2006

On The Road Again

For the next several months I will be involved in a massive move from our old house to a new house. After living in the same abode for 17 years, the amount of accumulated stuff is just staggering. The move will take place in stages over the month of June and for many periods during the move I will be without internet access until I'm able to set things up at the new house. In addition, once the move is finished, the combination of "moving in" as well as prepping our old house for sale will consume much of July. Finally, we're pretty much taking August off to recover from this ordeal and will spend much of the time at our vacation home in the Bend area. (BTW, we're only moving from Portland to a close-by suburb, not more than about 5 miles from our current location.)

The takehome message is that if you're expecting a regular monologue here, you'd be wrong. I'll try to post as often as needed, but I can't say I'm likely to be as prompt about responding to email. Don't take it personally if I don't answer you immediately.

P.S. (added 5/30). Posting will continue to this blog - I'm not taking the whole summer off from posting as some have misinterpreted. It is just that my posting will probably be limited to significant events rather than the interspersed interesting observations that have no practical bearing on the immediate PERS issues. I hope this clarifies any confusion.

No comments: