Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Detox Mansion

I'm off to detox mansion to catch up on some unfinished business. This seems like an ideal time to do so. There isn't much else going on in PERS land at the moment and I've implored, cajoled, and begged about as much as I have patience for right now. Unless something really significant occurs, I wouldn't look for another post here until next week at the earliest. I hope to be able to report in my next post that I've finished the next revision of my Lipscomb Calculator.

P.S. (early a.m.) I have posted an updated version of the Lipscomb Calculator. It mostly fixes an annoying bug that afflicted people who specifically retired 7/1/03. It also adds another interpretation of how PERS might implement the COLA offset. You can get a copy by clicking on the link to the left entitled Lipscomb Calculation Alpha Software. (Please do let me know - by email - of your experiences, good, bad, or ugly with this version). The next version will have more substantive additions including the actuarial reduction factors built in for payback of balances due to PERS. It is still weeks away. Anyway, back to detox mansion for that "unfinished business therapy".

No comments: