Friday, July 08, 2005

Get On the Natch - Part 3

It's been awhile since I last posted an email. This came a few days ago. I thought people would have the same reaction to it as I did. Egads!! Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. Unfortunately, this member's experience is *not* unique.


"PERS is so FUBAR: I called them today about a couple of things. My monthly retirement checks went down about $5/mo last Feb. Well, the PERS CSR said it was because that was when PERS implemented the annual variable adjustment for those that stayed in the variable upon retirement. I pointed out to the CSR that I got cold feet and submitted a request to roll my variable into the regular account/annuity within the 60-day window of the first retirement check. And that I confirmed with PERS last Oct that they had received my request. And he confirmed that the request is in my file.

But PERS didn't do the roll-over and so I'm still in the variable.... After he had a long talk with someone else, he said that they don't know when they will roll my variable account into the regular/fixed account... sigh...

Then, of course, I still haven't received my IAP statement... And PERS sends letters for other retirees to my address... And those PERS idiots continue to print social security numbers on much of the member specific correspondence they send out, including the monthly checks. They should be using our PERS membership number to reduce the potential for identity theft with the SSAN. Especially since they can't seem to send correspondence to the correct addresses."

Makes you have the warm fuzzies about the handling of your account, your money, your retirement, and your identity.

No comments: