Monday, June 06, 2005

Carry On Regardless

Of the Supreme Court. Friday's AFSCME e-lert reported that Greg Hartman crossed paths with an Oregon Supreme Court justice in Salem last week. As they passed, the Judge "winked" to Hartman and whispered "soon". "Soon" as in when? Since "soon" has been on everyone's lips since the Court ruled in Strunk, it is hard for me to get up much enthusiasm for the prospect that "soon" means anything but "whenever we feel like it". For me, I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'm carrying on regardless of these predictions that Lipscomb will be decided before I'm old(er) and gray(er).

I'm leaving town this coming Thursday and won't be back until the following Thursday. Unless I'm truly bored -- unlikely -- or unless the Supreme Court issues a ruling, my postings will be sporadic, if at all, during that week's vacation.

No comments: