Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Waiting in Vain

No decisions from the Supreme Court this week. Nothing else new to report. For those looking to occupy time in the interstices between now and forever (or whenever the Court decides, whichever comes first), go over to OPDG (see link left) to get your mead of WWWF. Lots of cranky people there right now, all waiting for the Court to put us out of or into our misery. It'll keep you entertained for hours on end. I haven't had this much fun since I last visited a ........... Linux users group meeting, a Macintosh evangelical presentation, or the usenet group alt.fan.jimmy-buffett.

As a BTW, I've had a few entries to my contest (see May 11th entry). So far, the closest anyone has gotten is 13/16 and I've had two people so far do that well (each missing a different 3). There are tons of hints out there if you combine your Google searches with some other more obvious investigations - like possibly my own website, my profile here, and the previous selection of song-titles. I don't go for obscure artists (usually), but I do have extremely eclectic tastes (and 3 daughters aged 37, 28, 13 and who requently supply sources for my musical interests). Today's title might give you a clue to my eclecticism. Also, the fact that I've told you these songs are on my iPod is a hint in and of itself. None of the songs there are illegal; that means they've been ripped directly from CD or purchased from iTunes. Perhaps that will narrow your hunt down a bit.

No comments: