Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Postcards from Paraguay

I'm getting tons of these now, many from mid-career Tier 1 members for whom reality is just beginning to dawn. Not too many describe the specifics, but several have requested that I put together some more "real" examples of how Tier 1 members who are in the 5 - 12 year range from retirement can expect to fare at retirement time. I'd be happy to do this if I had real data to work with. So those of you out there who might find such analysis useful, please supply me with your specific data -- identity blind, of course -- to use as a starting point. You may fax your most recent PERS statement to me (just make a copy of it, black out every piece of identifying information on it, and then press the send button) so that I have information. I'm looking for about a half dozen of these from people in the specific group named above so I can do a little simulating of the world as it might be when you choose to retire. There are no guarantees that these analyses will be right; all depend on assumptions that could easily change. The Lipscomb decision, which could be announced at any time, could alter the landscape dramatically as well. [I'm not going to publish my fax number here. If you'd like to supply me with the relevant information, email me and I'll give the number to you].

No comments: