Saturday, April 23, 2005

I Got the News

That AFSCME is planning to post some example retirement benefit calculations on its website next week. The examples will be from real (but nameless) people and will illustrate various scenarios to try and explain in plainer terms the effect of the Supreme Court ruling. I don't know whether they will include the potential effects of the Supreme Court upholding the City of Eugene. It it were me, I'd want to know the effects in either case (uphold Lipscomb, overturn Lipscomb). In the meantime, I've gotten 2003 statements from half a dozen people. I started looking at these and realized that if I'm going to do a credible job of unrolling the 1999 earnings crediting decision, it will actually require statements starting in 1999 and running through 2003. It is trivially easy to deal with Strunk; it is extremely complex dealing with Strunk *and* the "settlement" of City of Eugene. I don't know whether people are anxious to entrust me with that much information. If you are willing, email me to discuss further.

No comments: